Warren County, MO Recorder

Christy Bonstell

Christy Bonstell

County Recorder


We do not determine legality or validity of documents presented for recording.

Q:  How do I change my name, add someone to my deed, or remove someone from my deed?

A:  Changes cannot be made to a recorded document as it is a permanent record.  If you want to make changes to the title, a new legal document would need to be prepared and recorded at the current recording fee rate.  We do not have blank forms as we cannot prepare legal documents.  You may either prepare it yourself or contact a real estate attorney to prepare it on your behalf.  If you choose to prepare the document yourself it will need to meet all Missouri statutory requirements. (Example document types: Quit Claim Deed or Warranty Deed).  You may be able to get Missouri standardized forms on the internet or at a local office supply retailer.

Q:  Are there any liens on my property?

A:  It is against state statutes for us to perform searches of the records and make determinations as to the existence of liens against your property. We provide a public access computer in our office for your use or internet access to our records from 1968 to date.   You may wish to contact a title company to conduct a search on your behalf.

Q:  How do I get a copy of my deed and/or legal description?

A:  Our records are indexed alphabetically by name, not geographical. location. Searches cannot be performed by address or location. You may come into the office and we will instruct you how to use the public terminals or you can go on to http//Tapestry.Fidlar.com to access this information on line for a fee.

Q:  How do I obtain a certified copy of my marriage license when I am unable to come into your office?

A:  We have a web page you can go to and order a certified copy which then can be sent in regular mail or can be overnighted.  To receive it the next day order must be placed by 11am.


Q:  I’ve paid off my house, when do I get my title?

A:  A house is not like an automobile in that when you pay it off you get the title.  You should receive the “title” or proof of ownership to your property shortly after you purchase it.  It will be a deed from the seller conveying the property to you.  When you pay off a loan a Release is recorded specific to the Deed of Trust that was paid off, but the release is not a document that proves ownership.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Q:  What are your recording fees?

A:  Our recording fees are based upon page count; $24 for the first page and $3 for each additional page per document for standard documents. See the fee schedule tab for more information.

Q:  Do I need to record this document?

A:  We do not determine which documents need to be recorded.  We are here to make sure that the documents presented to us for recordation meet all state requirements, and then once recorded, are maintained permanently.

Q:  Do you accept debit or credit cards?

A:  We accept credit cards, cash and checks (except for Marriage Licenses which are cash and credit cards only).  There is a transaction fee charged by the processor for credit cards.

© 2024 Warren County Recorder. All Rights Reserved. Designed by Tracker Designs, LLC.